The Northerm Advantage
Northerm’s Energy Star® qualified windows have the following features:
- Triple glazing with a sealed insulating glass unit
- Low conductivity or ‘warm edge’ insulating glass spacer
- Optional Low-emissivity (low-e) glass
- CSA-A440, CMHC, IGMA and Energy Star® standards.
- Optional argon gas in the sealed unit
- Air tight dual rubber compression seals
- Multi-chamber vinyl frames which reduce heat and cold transfer
- Welded corners prevent air and water leaks
This is the industry standard. Our 3800 series is available in dual or triple glazed, with brickmolding available in brown, green, blue, beige or our standard white.
This is our next generation of windows; equipped with up to quad-pane glazing and paintable vinyl. Providing increased R-value, thicker reinforced frames, and heavy-duty hardware, the 4000 series are a step in the right direction. Come in to see the difference between the 3800 and 4000 series!
Available Windows Configurations
Casement windows are hinged on one side and open outwards. These windows are the most common openers in our line-up, and are the required style for egress-compliant bedroom windows. They can and often are coupled with fixed sections.
Awning windows are hinged at the top and open outwards. These windows are commonly found in bathrooms and kitchens, often in combination with fixed sections.
Picture windows are the most energy efficient form of window, and provide the largest viewable area for a given rough opening.
Fixed windows don’t swing, tilt, or glide; the sash is permanently fixed to a frame. Often flanked by casements, or set above or below an awning.
By combining fixed raker and curved windows with standard fixed or opening windows, you can create an unlimited number of designs.
All raker and curved windows are available with our energy-efficient glass, so there’s no need to sacrifice performance for pizzazz.